Viewlands Primary was built in 1942 and shares grounds with Perth Academy and Fairview School. The school itself is all on one level and has a large playground which has been developed over recent years to include a trim trail, a quiet area and a wildlife garden.
Viewlands has a nursery class (morning and afternoon) and fourteen primary classes. We are very lucky to have a large gym hall, an large assembly hall that is also used as a dining room, an ICT suite, a GP room and a variety of breakout spaces that are generally used for teaching smaller groups. We have a large area in the centre of the school which hosts our school library there are also large comfy sofa's that children and parents can come and sit and relax.
The school has a very good reputation within the community and the positive ethos of the school encourages high expectations, enthusiasm, hard work and a caring attitude towards others. We strive to ensure that all of our children achieve their potential in terms of personal, educational and social development within a balanced curriculum. We are very proud of our school and this is reflected in the very good behaviour of our pupils and in the quality of work displayed in classrooms and corridors.
Parents are welcome to visit the school at anytime and can arrange to speak with school staff about their children’s education and well-being. This partnership is encouraged to ensure we can nuture the best approaches to get it right for all our learners.
Parents are encouraged to get involved wherever / whenever possible. with the life of the school. Some of the regular oppotunities are through our twice yearly Contact Evenings, open afternoons, class showcases, drama productions, craft afternoons and on many other occasions. We also encourage parental involvement through helping with sports, educational trips and also topic related activities. The positive partnership that exists between parents and teachers is greatly assisted by an active Parent Council which represents the whole parent forum to which all parents belong. Please take a look at our Parent Council Page.
Current diary dates
- 2 Oct 20 - School holidays start at 3.15 p.m.
- 19 Oct 20 - School starts back for all. 9.00 a.m.
- 11 Nov 20 - Flu Immunisations
- 12 Nov 20 - In- Service Day. School closed to pupils.
- 13 Nov 20 - In- Service Day. School closed to pupils.
- 23 Dec 20 - School closes for Christmas holidays. 12.00 noon
- 7 Jan 21 - School opens to all. 9.00 a.m.
- 10 Feb 21 - In-Service Day. School & Nursery closed to pupils
- 11 Feb 21 - Mid Term Holiday - School Closed to All
- 12 Feb 21 - Mid Term Holiday - School Closed to All
- 1 Apr 21 - Term Ends for the holidays 3.15 pm
- 19 Apr 21 - Summer terms begins
- 3 May 21 - May Day Holiday - School Closed to
- 24 Jun 21 - Term ends 12.00 noon
Adding dates to your calendar
Click the relevant icon to add individual diary dates to your calendar.
In Outlook you will need to click the 'Save' button.
Subscribe to our feed to have all of our diary dates automatically appear in Outlook, ical or Gmail.
You will be asked to add our dates to a new calendar in your default programme, and subscribe to updates. This is available to users of Outlook 2007 onwards, Apple's ical, Windows Calendar and other icalendar (.ics) calendars with 'Subscribe to' functionality.